News

IMPORTANT NOTES- Blog customized for 1280 x 1024 pixels, Mozilla web browser.
The Polls archive is now below the posts.
Please report malfunctioning ( liskahon@seznam.cz )


The next technique article should be about:

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Kadan- The competition- article + photos

Hi again...
I have finally managed to get my hands on a bunch of photos from the Kadan rodeo competition. The official results also appeared so now I am able to summarize the event for you.
The surroundings of the Kadan playspot are awesome... the spot itself is localized at the location of a former mill. And it is most easily accessible from a small island that is between the main river and the mill-race. (BTW- a complete article on the spot by the locals coming soon)
The event took place on Saturday (prelims, kayakcross, PARTY) and Sunday (finals). My friends (The Bubnik family and many more) and me arrived already on Thursday though... On Thursday and Friday we were training a bit and having great fun in the evenings. Since we used to train here regularly over the past few months we felt to be well prepared for the competition.
There were 5 categories for holeriding - K1m , K1w, K1juniors, K1OB (old bastards 35 years old and more...) and C1 of course....
In the C1s there were just 8 competitors, but the competition was tough though... In the prelims you had to get 320 points and more to make it to the finals... I had 385 so I made it, fortunately.... In the prelims I was really disappointed with my rides, because I wasnt able to try the harder moves, since I had quite a few washouts....
In the finals I did much better. I flushed only once in the four rides of the head-to-head finals. And I managed to score 290 points on the average, which is good but I still know I can do much better....
The junior category was dominated by Jirka Langer, one of the two Czech participants on the Worlds 2007. In the old bastards category my frien Dusan Bubnik (age like 50 + ???) didnt make it... THat was very surprising since he rocked the whole last season and won the series....
The girls didi really good... I was surprised at some of their rides. Lenka Kucerova-Novotna won the finals with lots of cleans, supercleans and stuff.... I wish I could cartwheel like her... Betka Brabcova took the second place with huge airloop in each ride... she jumped really HIGH:...

Finally the men category. The top three places were all taken by the members of the BIG BLUNTS team
Jan Spidler took the fourth and Martin "Maty" Kucera the fifth. It was an awesome finals since all the guys were landing great tricks and fighting hard...

Thats all for now... in few hours time I am leaving for Ljublan to participate on the Slovenian championship... Jan Bubu Bubnik and Kuba Micka are coming with me. I would like to thank the sponsors of the trip, without them we wouldn´t be able to participate on the Slovenian rodeo race.

The main sponsor:












The medial partner:


Prague kayaking shop :





Here are some photos from the Kadan competition. A guy called Kralik made the photos... Thank you very much.

So long, bye

No comments: